Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pretty Jewelry Displays



This is a bracelet/ring holder I made out of two center curtain rod hooks (that piece that braces the rod in the center if it is a long rod). I wanted a way to store my bracelets rather than having them strewn on my desk, in a box, or stacked on a stick! So I figured, let's make a rack. Figuring out how to make the dowel stand far enough away from the wall was tricky, but once I found these center rods- well, the rest is history.

This is my "dangly" earring holder. Its a big frame with faux burlap string stung across and secured by hot glue and super glue. The key here was making sure the string was taught. The frame is actually a white wooden frame I bought from Walmart. I wanted it to look antique, so I used an emery cloth to rough it up and then used my antiquing glaze. I love it!

This is my "stud" earring holder. It's a smaller frame, but the same kind, as the previous one. I used the same roughing up technique and then glued cork board sheets into the place the glass would normally go. Then I secured the back like you would with any other picture and hung it up! So convenient!!

3 comments:

  1. So what did you do with the earing backs in the stud holder? I'm trying to attempt the same thing and I'm at a slight loss! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This list of ways to sell estate jewelry is not exhaustive. Personal creativity can show you the best way to sell your jewelry or one the more traditional methods may work out just fine. Examine your options and evaluate the benefits and drawbacks to find the very best way to sell your estate jewelry. scottsdale watch repair

    ReplyDelete
  3. The other extreme is that the jewelry could be antique. Antique jewelry is highly collectible and may require a specialty option to sell. Knowing if your jewelry is just old and out of style or an antique can mean the difference of hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. jewelry in phoenix az

    ReplyDelete