Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Dreamcatcher


I decided I wanted to make a dreamcatcher over the summer. I knew almost nothing about how to make them, so I did a little research and found out you can make one just about however you want! So I went out and bought a large ring for the base, some suede to cover it, feathers of a bunch of colors, a few rolls of ribbons, some twine, and various jewelry pieces that I broke down for decorative things. I really like how it turned out! 
It took me forever to figure out how to do the weaving on top, but after many many failed attempts and throwing of countless things within reach, I got it the way I wanted it. It took me maybe 6 hours to make this, and while I hate to admit it, around $40. It was far more expensive than I anticipated, but I didn't have any prior supplies. If you have your own jewelry you can break down and can find feathers in a pack, I would recommend that. 
The beauty of these is that they don't need to look like they were factory made. They are custom project just for you to catch your dreams, so create it to look however you like!  Here are some more pictures! I hope they inspire you to make your own. :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment